Our client in Milwaukee is looking to add a Help Desk Representative to their current team. This role is 100% on-site in Downtown Milwaukee.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as first and central point of contact, documenting IT incidents and requests in an automated incident tracking system.
• Coordinate incoming client calls, emails, and other client contacts in a call center environment.
• Use documented procedures to assist clients with solving issues related to hardware, software, networks, and peripherals; primarily using available technology and knowledgebase.
• Maintain maximum availability to act as the first and central point of contact, documenting incidents and requests in an automated problem tracking system.
• Coordinates incoming calls, emails, and other client contacts in a call center environment
• Use documented procedures to assist clients with solving issues related to hardware, software, networks and peripherals using available technology and knowledgebase articles
• Use documented procedures to provide timely resolution of issues or escalation on behalf of client to appropriate 2nd or 3rd level support teams.
• Creates and documents incident cases and any necessary status updates with additional client contacts
• Leverage a variety of provided support tools including knowledgebase articles, remote access, and peers, etc. to accurately assess system issues and assess business impact.
• Contact clients to provide follow up on incident resolution or request completion to ensure proper and complete closure.
• Participate in team meetings.
• Provide training to clients , and team members.
• Act as a personal mentor for other team members as needed.
• Complete required time reporting and other administrative duties.
• Maintain working relationships with other IT teams, other departments and outside suppliers, as appropriate, as partners in request fulfillment. • Actively participate in assigned work tasks which may be short or long term in duration and help to provide better tools, process or customer service to our clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in IT or related field
• Previous service desk call center environment experience preferred but not absolutely required.
• Working knowledge of commercially available software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and computer hardware. Other preferable but not mandatory skills include Active Directory, Remedy Incident and Knowledge Management, mobile and virtual computer support.
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrate solid verbal, listening, and written communication skills to document incidents with clear and concise details gathered during interactions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent judgement
• Accuracy in performing detailed work
• Maintain patience and reasoning under stress.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Typing and keyboarding skills.
1350 Deming Way, Suite 250 Middleton, WI, 53562