Data Engineer (Job Number:
2120572 ) About Penske:
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion. Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Associate Data Engineer I you will develop your technical skills and business acumen by participating in the effort to develop, enhance, and support existing and new data systems. You will take direction from our database architects, as well as collaborate with our data analysts and data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery consistent throughout ongoing projects. Learning from our diverse team of data engineering experts, you will have the opportunity to influence our data and analytics roadmap by constant interactions with various business and technology teams.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Penske Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives as well as preparing detailed specifications
- Prepare software test plans
- Provide production/technical support to end users
- Conduct discussions and/or meetings with end users
- Perform project leadership role to complete high-level and technical systems design for new and enhanced systems
- Proficient in Data Modeling, analytics and data governance
- Build and Support Analytical, Data Engineering, Data Modeling and Data warehouse projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 1 years exposure to Data Engineering, Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing required
- Basic knowledge of SQL variants required, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2
- Basic knowledge of the full lifecycle development cycle in a large complex environment required Basic knowledge of data visualization tools like PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau or other Reporting Tools is preferred
- Basic knowledge of AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Gemfire, GreenPlum is preferred - Experience working in an AGILE environment preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and seek guidance on tasks from senior developers and leads.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609 Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Tampa Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PTL.Data Engineer Req ID: