Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Amazing new opportunity to implement new and sustain existing business and Information Technology (IT) solutions including software configuration and development, system and data integration and management of Software as a Service (SaaS) products. This position exists to ensure new business solutions are implemented successfully and consistently with company and department goals.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Provide technical support to the organization's operations to maximize systems.
- Creates and maintains software solutions to support the Company's business and IT Operations.
- Collaborates with the rest of the engineering team in the documenting of software design.
- Partners with the Business Analysts in the creation, refinement and review of functional and non-functional requirements, and specifications.
- Develops deployment scripts and provides detailed documentation for deploying and supporting software.
- Corroborate with IT staff and the business during technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings.
Execute system design to produce a robust solution within time and cost requirements.
- Facilitates the delivery of artifacts that meets business specifications.
- Writes application and system integration code, defines logical and physical data structures, builds reports and provides automation scripts.
- Connects with IT staff and reviews documentation to ensure timely delivery and accuracy.
- Applies best practices, including design reviews, unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration/deployment, to minimize, if not eliminate, defects upon delivery.
- Identifies and advocates areas for improvement within the IT organization.
Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to multiple internal customers collaborating on information systems projects.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Modifies, implements and maintains existing applications to established standards, specifications and approved changes.
- Utilizes corporate approved Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems to track cases, defects and resolutions.
- Conducts testing on defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Familiarity with design patterns. Experience working with Quality Assurance and Business Analyst teams to deliver quality software on time. Competency in at least 1 programming language such as Java or .NET. Good software design instincts and coding style. Familiar with general programming concepts/paradigms. Some experience with HTML, XML, JSON, and related technologies. Some experience with database design and SQL. Good debugging skills. Basic understanding of Enterprise Web Services and APIs connectivity, protocols and best practices for communication and integration between applications. Basic understanding of secure coding practices and common attack vectors. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for developing software, including peer reviews and unit testing. Demonstrated ability working as a technical team member.Data Management Specific Requirements:
Ability to analyze existing data repositories to identify and develop data mapping and business rules for data conversions and processing. Design large complex data sets and data models that meet functional/nonfunctional requirements. Build optimal ETL data pipelines from wide variety of data sources using SQL and APIs with experience in AWS big data technologies preferred. Ability to create tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and SSIS packages for data integration projects. Integrate new data management technologies into existing data structures with experience in data virtualization preferred.WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.