Now a division of Tyler Technologies, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other.
NIC Alabama LLC is the State of Alabama’s premier provider of official eGovernment services, including websites, online services and secure payment processing solutions.
As a Web Developer, you will be in charge of several projects primarily involving CMS products (Drupal, Wordpress), as well as supporting our overall UX and Accessibility efforts across all our services.Responsibilities
- Design and build websites based on written requirements or mockups, using various technologies depending on project needs (Drupal, Wordpress)
- Maintain and update a suite of existing CMS-based websites (Drupal, Wordpress)
- Review and select appropriate modules and extensions, or develop new functionality to meet project requirements for CMS projects
- Consume internal or external APIs and integrate their content into websites
- Assist Project and Account Managers in the requirements gathering and early analysis stages for website projects
- Collaborate with other software engineers and team members to brainstorm new ideas and design solutions for problems, and to help ensure their work meets design and accessibility standards and requirements
- Consistently look to grow your knowledge of your current skill set and tools and expand your expertise
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in area of specialty
- 2+ years professional web development experience
- Experience with modern Drupal 7/8 and/or Wordpress practices
- Strong understanding of RESTful API Services
- Good working knowledge of source code control with git
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience developing custom modules for Wordpress or Drupal
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Company wellness program
- Paid State holidays and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement and more!