VP of Software Engineering Job - Direct Hire
Pyramid Consulting Group currently has a direct hire opportunity for a VP of Software Engineering Job in Brentwood, TN. The VP of Software Engineering will be responsible for leading technology product lines including a portfolio of external, client facing SaaS products. This position offers the opportunity to assist in developing the vision/ roadmaps for industry-leading, cutting-edge products in a growing environment with a focus on long-term career progression. The ideal candidate would have experience leading 100+ technical resources in an Agile SaaS environment with a strong, executive-level business acumen. VP of Software Engineering Job Responsibilities:
VP of Software Engineering Job Requirements:
- The VP Software Engineering is responsible for the software engineering teams, which consists primarily of project management, requirements management, development, and quality assurance.
- Serve as liaison with Product Management.
- Participate as a member of the information technology senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment.
- Select and manage company staff, onshore and offshore contractors, and outsourced vendors.
- Oversee R&D departments to attain maximum efficiency in the design and production of technology products.
- Direct activities so that products are developed on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives and meet market demands.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- 12+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years' experience managing technical teams.
- Extensive experience in scalable n-tier development Java and/or C#.
- Experience with scalable Agile methods with healthcare, SaaS product-line experience being preferred.
- Keen business acumen and proven management abilities to manage software engineering teams of 75+ resources.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Forthright and a team player with the ability to embrace change in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-performance management team .
- Demonstrated ability to envision and architect technology products that meet consumer needs and solve business problems.
- BS/BA in computer science, business administration or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in one of these fields is a plus.
If you qualify for the VP of Software Engineering Job, please apply today for additional information.
Start planning for your tomorrow today with Pyramid's team of IT experts. We have the proven experience in executing projects with the mindfulness for scaling for future growth, planning with delivery. Most agencies say they can deliver staffing; we can deliver the deeper comprehension of the planning and impact.