Front End Developer
Founded in 1985, STR provides premium data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for global hospitality sectors. STR was acquired in October 2019 as a division of CoStar Group, Inc., the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. STR is in the process of combining the commercial real estate industries largest and most up to date properties database with STR's global hospitality performance data to give both real estate and hospitality customers a unique and powerful combined view of their local markets.
The Applications Services team works with the CoStar Analytics team to develop customer-facing Hospitality benchmarking products. We think big; creating innovative data-intensive applications that take the vast amount of data collected from STR clients and by the CoStar Research teams to create a fast, reliable and intuitive analytics platform for customers. We are a collaborative group with a mix of big data, API/platform and front-end skills, and we are growing rapidly to help invent the future of Hospitality benchmarking and analytics.
We are searching for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our Hendersonville team and drive the full-lifecycle development of these critical products.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, building, testing and deploying scalable, reusable and maintainable applications that handle large amounts of data with a good understanding of design patterns, and modern architectural trends.
- Taking ownership of your work, from development and testing, to eventual deployment and support in production.
- Collaborating with other engineers, product owners, designers, and leadership using agile development practices.
- Becoming a trusted team member in matters of technical architecture, design, and code.
- Advocating for evolution and improvement - both technical and non-technical - within our teams. Includes new tech, tools and best practices.
- Gain a deep understanding of the CoStar and STR company business rules and methodology.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and CSS preprocessors.
- Expertise with software development best practices, including standards, code reviews, source control, builds, testing and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Expertise with Source Control, such as Git or TFS.
- Expertise with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Webpack, and NodeJS a big plus
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, and Chai
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at STR and CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing