Senior .NET Developer
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
STR was acquired in October 2019 as a division of CoStar Group, Inc., the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. STR is in the process of combining CoStar's largest and most up-to-date properties database with STR's global hospitality performance data, to give both real estate and hospitality customers a unique and powerful combined view of their local markets.
We are searching for an experienced .Net Developer
to join our Hendersonville team. You will be responsible for driving the full life cycle development of critical products - designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance C# applications using .NET Core, C#, and Dependency Injection technologies to meet the company's strategic objectives. You will also be responsible for adhering to CoStar's .NET development frameworks & best practices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Deep knowledge and experience in writing unit testable software with C#
- Develop an in-depth understanding of STR's product architecture and frameworks. Maintain and contribute to both CoStar's and STR's product platform as necessary.
- Develop database stored procedures and SQL scripts/ETL jobs that meet CoStar database standards to implement product requirements.
- Maintain and support STR's products that are released to stakeholders and customers.
- Participate and drive continuous improvement within STR's Agile/Scrum teams.
- Build consensus among different teams working on software development projects.
- Facilitate discussions among other .NET and database developers to exchange new ideas and improvements.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices.
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a computer science or engineering related field
- 5+ years of experience with current .Net technologies with a focus in .Net Core
- Development experience with a good understanding of SOA, Object Oriented Design patterns, and modern architectural trends
- Adhere to best development practices: documentation, code standards, code/design reviews, optimization, and maintainability
- Experience with Unity or IOC design patterns
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of SOA - Web services, WebAPI and WCF technologies
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of ADO.NET, TSQL and stored procedure development
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work in cross-functional groups and lead collaborative engagements
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams, including interaction with management as needed
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously with an orientation towards quality and results
- Requirements analysis and management with the ability to translate business requirements into non-technical terms
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and anticipate the impact of the issues from different potential solutions
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Ability to assist other developers through mentoring
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Possesses enterprise development experience
- Software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Experience creating or modifying REST API's
- Experience with development from Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing