Brief about SGS Technologie:
SGS Technologie, LLC is a leading software development and IT staffing firm headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Founded in 2003, SGS specializes in application and database development, contracting help desk and technical support professionals, and contract-to-hire and full-time positions. Since our inception, we have been committed to creating long-term business relationships with our employees and clients while excelling in customer service.
Title: Ab Initio Developer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Ab Initio Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Informatica Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects. A Developer will be well versed in data quality processes and data governance procedures to ensure data is fit for consumption. Essential Functions:
Create data profiles, write scripts, and develop workflows to support the data quality program.
- Perform data analysis to identify data quality issues for relational and non-relational data sources.
- Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Provide input to the development of data quality standards rule for data quality dimensions.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Required Qualifications:
Direct hands-on experience with Ab Initio, SQL, Unix Scripting
- Experience collaborating effectively with vendors and business partners for solution delivery.
- Hiring Preferences
- Experience with ETL development tools (i.e. Informatica, Mulesoft, Talend, Datastage, SSIS)
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is also a plus.
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON preferred.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies and has the willingness to investigate and suggest new technology to meet business needs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 6-8 years of hands-on experience with Ab Initio Skill-Set Priorities: - Experience Mentoring Jr. ab initio developers, complex projects, technical design, strong SQL, supporting production and project work. - ** Ab initio stack background in Financial or Healthcare business** - At minimum, 6+ years of experience in Ab Initio development - Waterfall based environment experience What will they be doing? - Working with the legacy system Ab Initio system on the Data Warehousing Enterprise side of GuideWell for financial and open enrollment based projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics Relevant Development certifications Comments for Suppliers: Q/A Session with Manager - LONG Term Contract Only Opportunity , Manager plans to have interviews week of Dec 5th/6th Skill Priorities: - Mentoring Jr. ab initio developer, complex projects, technical design, strong SQL, supporting production and project work
Required Skills: Ab Initio, SQL, Unix Scripting, ETL development tools
For More Information, Please contact