Title: Senior Windows Engineer
Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI, CD Pipelines, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Active Directory, DNS,
Agile methodologies, Kanban, Splunk, ExtraHop,
Internet Information Server, IIS, System Center Suite, SCORCH, SCCM, SCOM,
Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway, TMG, Apigee, Windows Server OS,
end-to-end infrastructure solution,
financial technology sector, industry standard PCI DSS 3.2 requirements,
ITIL, change control, management process,
enterprise class Infrastructure, System Engineering,
Microsoft platforms, Intel server, VMWare vSAN, traditional SAN attached storage,
Net Framework monolithic applications, micro services, .NET solution, Docker, Kubernetes
Windows Engineer - Senior
The Distributed Engineering team (Senior System Engineer) is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to external customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Senior Engineer will lead project teams to deliver infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture; hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well as project technical lead ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong client-facing skills, leadership skills, has a motivation to mentor others, exceptional troubleshooting ability, forward thinking, experience with public cloud technologies, fluent with DevOps automation including CI/CD pipelines, containerization technology, and is proficient at working across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities:??
• Leading and collaborating with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available solutions for a multitude of technologies.
• Working knowledge designing, implementing, and managing most of the following technologies: Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Active Directory, DNS, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Suite (SCORCH, SCCM, SCOM), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG), Apigee, Windows Server OS.
• Knowledge and experience working in the financial technology sector and ensuring compliance with industry standard PCI DSS 3.2 requirements
• Basic understanding of ITIL and change control/management processes
• Ability to lead a team and troubleshoot end-to-end infrastructure solution and performance challenges
• Ability to delegate project tasks effectively
• Providing technical documentation to project and operations teams as part of project deliverables.?
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal direction or guidance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 8 years of professional work experience
Job Related Experience:
• Experience leading a highly technical team.
• Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements of large scale projects.
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached VMWare vSAN and traditional SAN attached storage..
• Transformation of .Net Framework monolithic applications to micro services using Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone .NET solutions.
• Working knowledge of the following: Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Storage, and Backup/Recovery.
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Scripting and automation experience: CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, PowerShell, VBScript, Batch, WMI, Runbooks.
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Willingness and capability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• High organizational skills
• Extensive troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence to varying levels of executive leadership
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with API Gateways and reverse proxies including Apigee and F5 APM.
• Experience with Kafka.
• Additional CI/CD pipeline technologies including Concourse, JIRA, Artifactory, etc.
• Experience managing and administering Linux
• Experience using Agile methodologies, specifically Kanban
• Experience with Splunk and ExtraHop.
• Project+ Certification
Windows based role.
someone who can follow directions and work independently the scripts are written so really just need to be able to run them.
VMWare is not needed but would be nice
someone with backgrounds in virtual data center migration would be great
Less than 10%
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Contact Details :
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008