Developer Relations Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Clover's Mission Clover gives merchants the power to be successful and efficient in growing their business. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a POS and an App Market platform that will give merchants the tools to effectively run their business. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Clover are builders at heart. Creating a better merchant and consumer experience is what we strive for everyday. Clover's Developer Relations organization supports third party developers who build applications and businesses on Clover's platforms.
The Developer Relations Engineering Senior Software Engineer, Backend Role Developer Relations Engineering builds cloud based applications and services to deploy, observe and triage 3rd party apps running on Clover infrastructure.
With hundreds of thousands of merchants, and thousands of apps in our AppStore, this problem provides lots of scale challenges.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) on Developer Relations, you will be responsible for designing/architecting modern cloud based applications to boost our productivity. Part of your work will be internal-facing, improving processes for Developer Relations team members. An equally important part of your role will impact our Developers, improving how we monitor, triage, and discover issues impacting their applications.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a mixed language environment:
• Java/Kotlin for server-side infrastructure and tools
• Python+SQL for rapid prototyping, building reports & developing data-mining tools This role involves designing solutions that bridge across both Server and Front-End components, and requires the ability to mentor peers in both Java/Kotlin, and Python based tools.
This role calls for curiosity, great listening skills, and the ability to collaborate with team members across different teams and departments.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Writing awesome new tools to automate manual processes, eliminating context switching for team members
• Partnering with Product Managers and UX designers, in defining requirements from backend automation through UX
• Surfacing data and reports that help peers and leadership make accurate, real-time decisions
• Owning your internal-facing services and tools from development through deployment
• Designing and implementing REST APIs for web clients
• Participating in design and code reviews with your peers
• Making existing applications more robust
• Implementing feedback from team members, resolving bugs and refactoring/improving code base
• Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while adhering to best practices and meeting strict deadlines.
• Working in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrum boards • Use Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning concepts to scale team past manual tasks
• Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM field preferred.
• 4 - 6 years relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: Automation, Software Development, Automation, SDET, Designing system solutions spanning web and database interaction
• Experience building applications in a microservices (e.g. Spring Boot) and distributed messaging (e.g. Kafka) environment
• Languages: Java/Kotlin or Python in a microservices environment
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to choose the right tools and languages for the task at hand
• Fullstack development experience extending to the business logic, server, and database tiers
• Strong knowledge of database concepts and SQL
• Experience with API design and building REST endpoints Nice to have:
• Experience with Web development including frameworks such as React
• Experience in Android application and framework development • Experience with web or native automation frameworks e.g. Web driver IO, TestNG, Selenium
• Familiarity with Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes
• Experience with Snowflake or Sigma
• Experience with Spring Boot micro service framework
• Experience in accounting, banking, or financial services industries
Learn more about Clover
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the "big guys." At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.