The Business Analyst is responsible for interacting with the stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their needs, requirements and goals on an organizational project. The analyst must have the ability to document those needs and translate them into clear, concise and thorough business requirements and/or use cases. This position has no direct reports.
Internal interactions will be through all channels, including through the project system. The goal of these interactions is to uncover the true needs of the request and analyze the feasibility. It’s imperative that the Business Analyst ask probing questions and understand the scope of the need. This can include working with vendors on the options available in current systems. Professionalism, empathy and a mentality for service are keys to the success of these interactions, as well as the ability to distill complex details and communicate them in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
Decision making in this position is limited as the job is centered around gathering and analyzing information. Information and observations are provided to contribute to the decision-making process. The Business Analyst is responsible for suggesting alternatives for improvements.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst conducting business analysis activities and documenting business requirements. Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience working with all levels of staff, management, and vendors
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Coordinate and conduct user acceptance testing
- Experience creating wire frames
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint.
- RFP and Vendor Selection experience - preferred
- Knowledge of Credit Union operations and processes – preferred
- Experience with Journey Mapping – preferred
- Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience