At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us - inspires us - to do what we do. To make what we want. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
In 3D Printing, we are looking for visionaries who are willing to push boundaries to help us rewrite the rules of 3D Printing. We are looking for those who are insatiably curious, able to work across borders and without limits, and who possess the passion to help shape the future of the 3D Printing industry. Description HP has ambitious goals for the next generation of connected, intelligent, digital manufacturing. The software applications we deliver to customers as part of our system experience and are the primary vehicle. As the Principal Software Engineer for software applications, you will be responsible for leading the technical direction and architecture across our products to ensure the best technical decisions are being made. You have unsurpassed skill in realizing genre defining SW experiences, and you will bring your knowledge to bear to help lead decisions on SW frameworks, microservice architecture, cross device applications, and cutting-edge computational geometry systems.
You keep your skills razor sharp and will lead best practices in SW development approach by example . You can-t imagine a life without continual learning, and you model a growth mindset to the rest of the development community. Embracing new technology when it best serves the organizational goals. You are passionate about the digital manufacturing space and how the role of data and SW in decision making, a customer and design-centered focus, and the evolution of connected IoT frameworks can transform the way the world manufactures. Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Work with other Software Developers & Technologists to develop strategy and technology roadmaps for software applications design and development across 3D printing platforms and products
- Directly tackle the hardest and most impactful problems in our domain space by writing code with at least 50% of your time
- Support Communication of SW strategy and technology roadmaps to executive staff, industry partners and customers
- Lead engagements with higher education and research initiatives to support
- Leverage recognized technical and business expertise to influence, and guide business strategy and decision - making at the highest organizational levels.
- Provide consultation, design input, and feedback for application development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures.
- Guides and mentors less- experienced staff members to set an example of software applications design and development innovation and excellence.
- Participates in and provides input on process for selection of future technical leaders.
Knowledge and Skills
- 15+ years relevant and successful software development across a broad and relevant career
- Strong history of innovation with multiple patents and deployed solutions advancing the field of software applications design.
- Expert in all parts of the SW development lifecycle, and able to contribute directly from scoping initial program deliverables to evolving large and established SW systems
- Ability to model both math/physics-based and empirical systems in software quickly and accurately
- Recognized industry expert regarding development of software applications design tools and approaches.
- Must be organized, flexible & able to act independently, with ability to switch rapidly between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at collaborating within a matrixed environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including written, public speaking, and small-group presentation skills, including ability to communicate effectively with core team, extended stakeholders and leadership