Job Description - Software Engineer (Lidar Odometry)
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
This Software Engineer is responsible for working with the project stakeholders to establish product designs based on provided requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. Integration with existing systems is expected.
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly skilled, energetic software engineer to join our team. The primary role of this position is improving and building upon the codebase of our sensor fusion platform with emphasis in LIDAR sensors and data processing and applying it to Geospatial workflows. In this role, you will engage in multidisciplinary problem solving and architecting, developing, and deploying production quality solutions purposely designed to exceed client expectations.
The individual will be is responsible for working with the project teams to establish technical requirements and develop innovative and reliable LIDAR based software solutions.
Success in this position involves effective collaboration with our domain experts, commitment to an agile methodology, and demonstration of advanced software engineering skills leading to predictable development and products delivered on schedule with high quality standards.
The position will be based in Alpharetta, GA. Occasional travel as needed.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree minimum with solid experience in Robotics Navigation and Localization.
* Programming languages - C#, C++
* Tools & Frameworks - ROS, Matlab, Ubuntu
* Working knowledge of LIDAR Sensors and principles. Experience with LIDAR, GIS, Remote Sensing, and/or Surveying preferred.
* Solid background on knowledge of signal processing and motion control implementation skills
* Strong mathematical background
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively
* Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
* Ability to document and present major platform design decisions and their rationales to technical and non-technical audiences and be able to communicate complex ideas and explain relevant technology and concepts to both experts and non-experts.
* Experience in development of new technologies, such as new concept formation & analysis, first-of-kind laboratory demonstration, prototype development, testing and calibration, and field demonstration.
Skills Strongly Desirable:
* Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Scrum, Mechatronics,
Fabrication skills, CAD/CAM
* Experience on communication development of Ethernet/UART/SPI/ USB/CAN
* The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to perform theoretical (e.g., modeling, simulation, analysis, design) and developmental (assembly, testing, data analysis, troubleshooting, calibration) of novel electro-optical or remote sensing systems.
* Camera sensors, controls, logic, and software for rapid development of complex imaging systems and experiments
* Real-time processing systems, GPU Programming, FPGAs, microcontrollers, measurement and acquisition hardware
* Values : You should be aligned with Trimble Values
* Self-directed: We work best with people that are driven, motivated, and aspire to greatness.
* Hungry to learn: We are eager to see you learn new skills and grow.
* Team orientation: We work in small, fast-moving international teams.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: Paula_Kohan@trimble.com
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D