POSITION: DIRECTOR OF SOFTWARE ENGINEERING with .ASP.NET CORE
LOCATION: SIOUX FALLS, SD
TYPE: DIRECT HIRE
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you'll lead a team of technologists who are developing and deploying applications to the highest standards in design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming.
- Your number one responsibility is to lead our engineering efforts to deliver great software on time, within budget in a way that is aligned with our client's strategy.
- Work alongside with senior and peer leaders (Architecture, QA, Product and Infrastructure) to define and continuously improve engineering standards, processes and architecture.
- Mentor and grow the professional and technical capabilities of our engineers.
- Guide development teams (on shore / offshore) on planning, estimation, prioritization, trade-offs, balancing technical debt and meeting project milestones.
- Drive continuous improvements in velocity, efficiency and quality through CI/CD, adherence to standards, staff performance management and best practices.
- Collaborate with product design teams to help refine concepts as well as anticipate future needs.
- Accountable for overall team performance measured by execution on release commitments.
- Identify opportunities for improved development tools, application performance and technology enhancement.
- Formulate and measure long-term objectives and standards for individual engineers and the team.
- Experience driving a culture of innovation, teamwork, quality and ownership.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, learn new technologies, participate in technology communities and mentor members of the engineering community.
- Oversee second tier support and work with Client Support Manager to provide the best possible end user experience, monitor and measure established KPIs / SLAs
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar education/experience equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment with focus on C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core and WPF.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred but not required). Minimum of 5 years software engineering management with proven success in delivering large and complex software projects through multiple engineering teams.
- Experience defining and implementing API solutions with Microservice architecture that serve both front-end and back-end applications.
- Experience hiring, mentoring and coaching top engineering talent.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise software quality assurance and release management methodologies.
- Knowledge/experience with Agile development processes.
- Hands on experience with AWS and Cloud transformations.
- Wide and lateral communication skills with the ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, O/S and server infrastructure.
- Proven track record in encouraging innovation, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization and managing diversity.
- Strong knowledge in EDI, HL7 and 3rd party API integrations.
- Hands on experience in Progress 4gl (Open Edge)
- Hands on experience using SignalR, RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ