Sr. Hardware Engineer- Power Electronic- Towson MD - MUST LIVE WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE FROM THE LOCATION Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Sr Project Engineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, Maryland. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Work closely with the Global Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing teams to drive platform designs that support product portfolios across multiple strategic business units.
- Responsible for research and development of electronic hardware designs for brushless motor control platforms, delivering concurrent product development projects with a high degree of technical complexity and challenges.
- Directs team design of new products and platforms, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
- Set deliverables, project timelines, and report status to team leaders.
- Effectively identify and communicate major technical and schedule issues to team leaders in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Work with suppliers and serve as a member of cross-functional product development teams.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering a minimum.
- 7+ years of experience in Electronics design within a relevant industry.
- A broad range of experience with a background in electronics design.
- Strong knowledge of PCB design best practices and design for EMC.
- Proficiently in schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer or similar software package Understanding of electronics manufacturing and design for high volume production and fault tolerant design practices.
- Board level bring up and troubleshooting hands on experience: oscilloscope, voltage and current probes, DMM, thermal camera, and equivalent equipment.
- Experience in embedded systems and motor/motion controls systems desired.
- Knowledge in some or all the following areas: switch-mode power supply design, electric motor controls, lithium ion battery management, DFMEA, AC/DC and brushless motors.
- Ability to travel globally as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feed
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.