Digital Technology Solutions (DTS) is currently seeking a Android Developer for our direct client position.
The Mobile Developer will be responsible for design, development and delivery of Android mobile applications. The candidate must have experience interfacing with product owners as well as internal and external technical teams and resources. Agile development experience is highly preferred.
The role requires native mobile development experience with Android universal applications. Strong technical knowledge coupled with in depth mobile development experience is required.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum 5-7 years experience developing Android native mobile applications. Experience in a financial services or brokerage environment is a plus.
- Participate as a member of a mobile development scrum team.
- Become a subject matter expert in the mobile channel.
- Partner with solution architects to leverage industry best practices to design and deliver high quality mobile applications.
- Escalate issues to senior management early, before they create significant impact to a project/release.
- Review and approve all mid-level design documentation.
- Ensure that detail design documentation is competed, reviewed, and approved, as required.
- Conduct or participate in code review sessions to ensure quality and performance.
- Support the system integration and user acceptance testing resources. Provide timely defect analysis, remediation, and reporting.
- Review security testing reports/results and remediate potential vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies or trends that could impact the mobile channel.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement cohesive, resilient and high-performing native Android mobile applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following:
- Java and Kotlin languages.
- RX Android, Retrofit, Coroutines, Jetpack, GoogleMaps APIs, Google Streaming APIs, ExoPlayer.
- MVP, MVVM design patterns, Material Design guidelines.
- Unit tests with Junit.
- RESTful API integration, JSON.
- Biometrics and AI or Voice Recognition.
- Implementing end-to-end automation tests using XCUITest or Espresso.
- Code management tools such as GIT/Bitbucket.
- DevOps CI/CD pipeline utilization.
- 5+ years experience designing and developing Android native mobile applications.
- Minimum one year experience working with Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with native Instruments performance and memory optimization tools.
- Experience translating product requirements into design specifications.
- Significant experience in multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Ensure quality software is delivered with minimal defects and no go live critical issues.
- Work directly with Architects and Product Managers to ensure quality solutions for all projects are being successfully delivered on time.
- BS in computer science or related area.
Digital Technology Solutions