Engineering Manager - Cloud Platform
Every day Clover devices
handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for millions of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers.
Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives, one transaction at a time.
The performance and quality engineering group which you will manage will be unique. You and your team will have the opportunity to create something special, a platform agnostic performance and quality platform which can be consumed as a service by Clover development teams globally. Responsibilities
Requirements for Consideration
- Deliver the concept and the mission around Infrastructure, Site Reliability, and Platform Engineering
- Lead a team of engineers to success in execution of the mission and manage their deliverables and career growth through outstanding mentoring and coaching.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features to the Clover product and platform.
- Work with a geographically distributed leadership team to build truly world class, customer-centric solutions.
- Ensure that we in Clover are keeping pace with the technology which balances delivering solutions efficiently and creating a technically challenging and fun development environment.
- Working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Quality, Operations, and Customer Support.
- Help define roadmaps and schedules.
- Ensure a high level of technical quality by driving architectural decisions and leading code reviews with your team.
- Work closely with the recruitment organisation to hire your team of engineers as your team scales.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- 8+ years work experience which includes 4 or more years managing teams of highly technical engineers.
- Strong technical background ideally with hands-on experience as a backend/platform engineer or technical lead.
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load.
- Deep understanding of authentication, authorization, and other cross-cutting aspects of software development
- Strong understanding of Cloud platform based ser vices, MySQL and DevOps principles.
- Knowledge and experience of distributed systems architecture including micro-services.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver customer-facing products.
- Passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow professionally and technically.
- Customer empathy: Strive to provide a great product experience and look for new opportunities to enhance our products or services.
- Empathy for people: You are willing to sit down and help people improve while maintaining a positive and fun work environment.
- Empowerment: You empower your team to take responsibility and make good decisions. You go the extra mile to ensure projects are completed the right way. You pursue excellence from yourself and from the team and take ownership for the quality of the results.
Employee Benefits Job Location About Clover
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field
- Proven track record of managing teams.
- Domain expertise with payments, Point of Sale (POS), or small business software is a plus.
At Clover we provide next-generation payment services via Fiserv
(our parent company) - the world's largest payment processor. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and alliance for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant's customers. Our machines and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Clover systems use multiple processors (and multiple OSs) on a single device, and some very innovative system architecture design to create a seamless payment experience. We support an open Android based app market, allow secure PIN entry on the main display and support contactless payment through displays. This team also handles various payment certifications like PCI PTS, EMV, UKCS, GBIC certification for our devices, which happens to be one of the most stringent payment security certifications.
We deal with the usual board bring ups, bootloaders, kernels, device drivers, etc that you will find in any tablet/phone device. To make the job more fun, we add a healthy dose of system architecture, security and payment systems. We also partner with vendors, silicon partners and the ODMs, to define, design and deliver Clover products. Fiserv (Our Parent Company)
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services".... But we are.We're Fiserv
, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company
and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies
for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/LGBTQ+), and it is the Company's policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Applying for the position
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv (Clover). Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).