Overview Our Team
Our Mainframe Capacity and MICS
team is part of TSG and the Mainframe Services Team. We deliver infrastructure support to critical applications along with service to all BNY Mellon lines of business. Technology Services Group (TSG)
and the Mainframe Services
Team are technology enablers for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation. We deliver infrastructure support for all lines of business including critical business services and applications. The Role
We are seeking a Mainframe Capacity Support Analyst (SAS, JCL, MICS)
to join our Mainframe Capacity and MICS team. You will help plan, monitor, and ensure sufficient Mainframe compute capacity for BAU business needs as well as for peak compute events. Our team is accountable for providing Mainframe accounting data to the Finance department where business revenues are recovered to finance Mainframe infrastructure costs. Additionally, we develop and implement a variety of Mainframe reporting processes and maintain Capacity self-service reporting dashboards and sites.
Capacity planning functions focus on reducing Mainframe capacity usage, predicting future capacity needs, and planning for capacity adds. This includes knowing and using SAS programming language to create capacity planning reports and presentations and to complete mainframe data requests. You will utilize IBM tools & skills to access the Mainframes and become proficient by using the skills daily.
Broadcom MICS is a SAS-based software primarily used to collect accounting data for internal chargeback and to provide performance related data for all major Mainframe workloads. Our team installs and supports this software and the customized internal chargeback code. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain SAS and JCL code and batch applications that supports our functions.
- Support and maintain the Broadcom MICS software installations
- Use real-time tools and reporting to monitor capacity daily, weekly and monthly.
- Use reporting and data to interact with Mainframe teams and business application teams to accomplish Capacity management efforts.
- Utilize a variety of IBM Mainframe tools and internal products to obtain information and data that support our functions.
- Use Microsoft 365 products daily to analyse data and create reports.
- Off-shift support for the Capacity and MICS applications as needed
Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation; works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Must be a technology professional who is willing and able to handle a variety of technical (hardware, software or application) problems and work with lines of business to achieve initiatives.
- 6 years Mainframe experience preferred.
- 2 years of SAS experience desirable.
- MICS experience is desirable.
- Microsoft product experience including Excel and Access is very beneficial.
- Programming experience is a plus.