SA024 Linux System Administrator
ADNET is currently seeking to hire a Linux System Administrator to provide support in the Global Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO) at NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.
The successful Linux System Administrator candidate will implement, configure, maintain and support systems, server applications, security and backup configurations in a production environment. He/she will provide exceptional support including but not limited to:
- Provisioning and managing systems and storage, managing backups, and coordinating with vendors.
- Linux installation, imaging, H/W & S/W deployment
- Manage a VMware environment
- Assist other members of the team with deployment and management of Windows and Mac systems
- Troubleshooting, problem assessment, documentation, inventory, and computer relocation for end users
- Adhere to strict IT Security policies and strict IT Asset management procedures as defined by GMAO management and NASA
- B.S. in an IT related field or Physical Sciences
- 3 or more years end-user technical support experience preferably in a scientific user community environment
- Proficient and in depth experience with installation & configuration of LAMP stack, Redhat 7/8 hands-on experience
- Deployment and proactive maintenance of Linux, MacOS and/or Windows Server/10 in an Active Directory environment
- Hands on experience with VMware Server virtualization (snapshots, VM migrations, maintenance updates, configuration)
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts and structure as it relates to the virtual environment
- Programming knowledge in Shell scripting, PERL and/or Python preferred
- US citizenship is a must
- Installation & configuration of scientific visualization packages such as Matlab and IDL
- Installation & configuration of backup software on Linux, such as Networker, CrashPlan, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOPS tools such as Github, Ansible, JAMF, Docker is a plus
Team ADNET brings over 30 years of experience to information systems and professional services for the federal government. With a history of expertise in software development, computer network design, IT security, mission operations support, and educational outreach, Team ADNET is deeply embedded in the Space and Earth Science at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is working with Goddard Space Flight Center to fulfill NASA's vision for space exploration, and working with the Science and Exploration Directorate to fulfill its many missions.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is an employee-centric company, committed to providing premier benefits that support our employees and their families. With affordable medical and dental plans coupled with leading disability and life insurance options, ADNET offers our employees the benefits most sought after by today's professional candidate. Furthermore, our benefits package features the extras that distinguish us from other small businesses, ensuring our high employee retention that our customers appreciate. Some features of our compensation plans and environment perks include:
- Annual Leave/Sick Leave
- Military and Family Emergency Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- 401K Plan with Company Matching and Immediate Vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Swag bags