What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.What You'll Bring:
We'd Prefer To See
- A undergraduate degree in a STEM field with coursework in statistics and machine learning
- 5+ years of professional analytical modeling experience, solving problems relevant to the problems we solve at TransUnion
- Experience with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or SAS
- Experience using other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Spark, Hive, Pig, Python)
- Experienced presenting data insights with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, SSRS)
- Experienced in presenting complicated analysis through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate across teams
Impact You'll Make:
- Prior work experience in the Healthcare or Consumer Credit industry is highly preferred
- Experience with cloud based analytics tools, preferably in AWS
- An advanced degree
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience; may lead key presentations to clients
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SQL, and Python)
- Design and lead initiatives involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, and machine learning).
- Partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for business customers in the US and international insurance segments at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive models and business intelligence solutions for insurance carriers
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the team and act as a mentor to more junior team members
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Developer, Data Science and Analytics