Risk & Financial Advisory - eDiscovery Lead Software Engineer
Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries.Work you'll do
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for development, core configuration, and technical expertise of Deloitte's proprietary eDiscovery applications. You have a solution-focused mindset and the ability to provide excellent customer service, training and support. Candidates must be passionate about technology, love customer service and can thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Day to day job responsibilities may include:
- Develop customized software tools to address client requirements
- Design and utilize troubleshooting strategies to resolve software problems
- Responsible for leading escalated troubleshooting efforts
- Work with Project Management Liaisons to establish tasks and level of effort for project delivery for specialized client requirements
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding malfunctioning products
- Research existing computer programs and analyze and approve refinements, improvements and enhancements to ensure the most efficient methods are employed
- Lead the evaluation, integration and testing of new eDiscovery and/or Computer Forensic tools and technologies
- Provide responsive analysis and resolution to situations affecting system availability and/or performance
The desired candidate is an organized, self-driven individual with a proven ability to achieve development objectives. They will have the ability to be successful while working independently or as part of a team and will be able to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities and/objectives. They will be passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experiences to solve real-world problems, and possess strong listening, verbal, & written communication skills.The Team
Whether tasked with preserving data from thousands of mobile devices, or improving the efficiency of document review through the application of machine learning, we combine the highly specialized skills of our people, our commitment to technological advancement, and the Deloitte Global network to provide deeper insights and smarter, more efficient solutions. As a result, we help our clients better control and mitigate risk during discovery.
Our Deloitte-owned state-of-the-art Electronic Discovery Solutions Center-the centerpiece of our data collection, processing, and hosting capabilities-provides clients with the security, scalability, and technical support that our clients' sensitive data requires.
With a focus on minimizing disruption and working closely with clients to understand their needs, our team helps organizations of all sizes and across all industries to be stronger and more confident throughout the dispute process. Learn more about Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Discovery practice .
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City or Jersey City, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City, Jersey City and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $114,566 - $190,944. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or commensurate work experience
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of that experience includes .NET technologies
- 2+ years of experience of that experience includes MS SQL or other database technologies
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Microsoft Windows Operating Systems & general networking concepts as well as virtual technologies
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, as needed, based on the work you do and the clients you serve.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Experience with the Relativity hosting platform
- Experience within the eDiscovery Industry
- Understanding of the full eDiscovery lifecycle: collections, processing, hosting and productions
- Experience with parsing and scripting languages such as Powershell, Perl, VBscript, etc.