Position: Pre-sales Engineer
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Client Location: Moonachie NJ
Allowances: $500/month allowance for commute, $60/month for phone, 401K + benefits
The Pre-sales Engineer applies processes, knowledge, skills and experience to design physical security solutions to satisfy client security objectives. The Engineer may assist the Sales organization or may engage directly with the client sponsor to understand client objectives and identify the products and services Clients provides to satisfy these needs. The Engineer will perform an assessment either by inspecting a facility or by reference to construction drawings and specifications. The Engineer will design a solution that satisfies the Design Requirements, Specifications and customer objectives including product selection and pricing, external labor solicitation and internal resource effort estimating. The Engineer will assist the Sales organization prepare a proposal or may themselves prepare proposals, budget estimates, and/or bills of materials.
- Identify and understand client security objectives.
- Meet with client security resources, executives and Clients Sales resources.
- Perform assessment
- Walk through client facilities, identify device locations, telecommunication spaces, document building construction/field conditions and discuss hazardous materials.
- Assess RFP/Bid documentation, Design Requirements, Construction Specifications, NFPA/Other code compliance, perform Take-Off counts, and issue RFI’s.
- Design solution
- Apply knowledge, skills and experience to design security solutions from the products and services Clients provides to satisfy client security objectives.
- Interface with CM firms, A&E firms, client stakeholders, AHJ’s and Clients Sales resources throughout the design process.
- Create proposal
- Provide complete and correct Bills of Materials. Estimate resource skill levels, levels of effort and activity durations. Source trade labor resources such as locksmiths and electricians. Perform electrical load calculations, heat-rejection calculations and space planning.
- Assist Sales with identifying appropriate Assumptions, Exclusions, Pre-Requisites and Client Required Activities.
- Create proposal or assist Sales with creation of proposal including scope, schedule, pricing, assumptions and exclusion.
Desired Experience, Skills, Abilities and Credentials
- Industry certifications including: NICET Fire Protection and/or Security Systems, ASIS PSP and/or CPP, BISCI RCDD and/or RTPM, OSHA-30, CSI Document Technologist and/or Construction Administrator. Licensed Fire-Burglary alarm system installer.
- Manufacturer certifications including: Genetec, Milestone, Lenel, Software House, S2, Honeywell, DMP, Bosch, Sony, Axis, Keri Systems, Kantech, Exacq, Ubiquiti, Proxim, Firetide, AIPhone, Amag, Commend, HID.
- Ability to design basic Local Area Network solutions including routers, switches, fiber optic and copper cable plant and POE load budgeting.
- Expert with Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with AutoCAD, Visio, SharePoint, CRM and MasterFormat.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to perform basic Ohm’s law calculations and read electrical schematics.
- Experience with RFP/Bid responses, Construction Specifications and Drawings.
- Additional consideration for experience in Public Sector including Prevailing Wages and government purchasing contracts.
- Ability work unsupervised. Excellent communication skills. Ability to travel to client locations.