Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Work from Home! ***This role can be remote, with preference to West Coast states / Pacific time zone***The team is on an exciting transformation journey and moving from the classic support model to the site reliability engineering model. We are looking for a person who has prior Site Reliability Engineering (SRE ) experience on the on-premise and cloud technologies.
We are in search of an engineer who has lived and thrived during the transformation journey by not just following the work directed, but by the virtue of thinking out-of-the-box and working on developing monitoring applications and taking up deep dives into issues. We prefer candidates who have prior experience in supporting applications in the AWS cloud.Essential Functions
- Efficiently handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices.
- Monitor and analyze production data/telemetry to pinpoint performance issues or errors, and best ensure production stability
- Provide frequent and clear communication to application stakeholders during outages and issues.
- Understand application code, deep dive, and conduct root cause analysis of application problems to prevent future occurrence.
- Recommend architecture to increase resiliency in application, with special focus on 3rd party dependencies to prevent cascade failures.
- Further collaborate with development and operations team to ensure availability and reliability of the application and infrastructure.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Systems Administrators, Engineers, and other technology teams in the resolution of server and system problems.
- Fine tune existing tools develop new custom internal tools for application monitoring and automate.
- Maintain effective knowledge base and runbooks to bring faster resolution to production issues.
- Provide weekend on-call rotation for production support.
- Constantly update personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentor others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team.
- Provide stellar organizational support, customer support, and self-manage project initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in application and technical support role in live production environment following Development, DevOps, and SRE best practices.
- Experience developing and supporting web-based applications, webservices, and database driven applications using Microsoft Technologies C#, .Net 4.5, Azure DevOps, & SQL Server 2016.
- Deep experience in monitoring and analyzing infrastructure performance using standard performance monitoring tools - Perfmon, PerfView, ProcDump, DebugDiag, etc.
- Extensive experience with configuring and monitoring via tools such as Cloudwatch, AppDynamics, ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, Microsoft SCOM, Windows Processes, etc.
- Experience in API management tools like Mulesoft, Mashery, Akana a plus.
- Experience with automation using PowerShell, Python scripting or similar technologies a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud products and services preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.