IT Support Specialist Lead (PLM-22-0082-W):
Bowhead is seeking an IT Support Specialist Lead responsible for scheduling, troubleshooting, and over the shoulder (OTS) Microsoft Desktop Support for classrooms within Government facilities for our Navy customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling and managing a 3-4 man team of mid-level IT technicians and logisticians, coordinating work schedules with the government and OTS tech support. The position will be part of a team supporting the NETC in San Diego, CA with a period of performance estimated to be through September 2022.
The IT Support Specialist Lead will possess a sound understanding of Microsoft Desktop Support processes and have experience with Microsoft Systems Administration. As well as proficient in troubleshooting Microsoft Desktop applications and file directories. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Systems Administration and gained relevant certifications.
• Manage a team of 3-4 IT Technicians and Logisticians,
• Troubleshoot Microsoft platforms to optimize system performance, in addition to ease of access for non-technical users
• The candidate will be responsible for conducting and providing troubleshooting of systems software and related infrastructure, including end-user systems and information systems across multiple buildings and other remote locations
• Troubleshoot Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and data communications equipment,
• Analyze and fix network-related problems reported by users,
• Work on-site and may be required to travel routinely to CONUS locations to support remote staff and other activities in support of assigned work
• Manage and monitor Microsoft 365 services and desktop support (Laptops),
• Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring,
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user access to cloud services,
• Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation along with resolution
• Monitor, analyze, and resolve problems that occur in the corporate network
• Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
• Provide technical assistance and resolve related issues for users and personnel
• Collaborate with internal assets and support team to ensure customer needs are met
• Maintain current knowledge of Microsoft System Administration processes and their applications across various platforms
• Other duties as assigned.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent job-related experience of at least 3-years leading small teams in the field of IT tech support, additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 4 - 6 years of IT system and network administration experience working in a globally distributed infrastructure
• Possess professional IT training and certifications, including:
- Progressive experience in a technical help desk or a customer service environment
- Proven Microsoft 365 administration experience
- Experience with Exchange
• Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills, and time management skills,
• Proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems,
• Technical documentation and use of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.),
• Possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to maintain a Secret security clearance, however candidates with an active Secret clearance are preferred. US Citizenship is required for this location."
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*394243D460BFB6C3
#LI-MN1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)