Job#: 1255074 Job Description:
** 6 month contract to hire
Schedule: 3 days onsite work, 2 days remote Position: Senior Developer. ApplicationsSummary:
Senior Developer will be primarily responsible for design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of IT applications in middleware platform. Interfaces with clients at all organizational levels and takes business requirements and delivers technical work to yield productive products for end-users.
Hands on experience with Java Language and Oracle SQL constructs.Job Description:
- Performs planning, development, coding, testing, migration to production, and the maintenance of applications in multiple technical landscapes.
- Design user flows, platform architecture, software patterns, and data models to support current and long-term business needs.
- Adheres to applications standards and best practices
- Coordinates with upstream and downstream application teams and Infrastructure teams to ensure overall success of the application.
- Troubleshoot production issues and remedy these in a timely manner with minimal disruptions.
- Participates in disaster recovery in case of disaster situation and supports scheduled annual disaster recovery tests, including maintenance of required documentation and coordination of user participation.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Required -
3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience of Java language, SQL query construct using Oracle Database, TOAD/SQL Developer, Operating systems such as Linux and Windows and ability to participate in multiple projects at the same time.Preferred -
Knowledge on Oracle Fusion Middleware and Java Application servers like Oracle WebLogic, Apache or IBM WebSphere and Internet technologies like HTML, XML, WSDL, Scripting languages, knowledge of SDLC activities on development projects. Understanding of Cloud Technology and Solutions. Utility Industry knowledgeCertification -
Training or Certification on Java, Cloud Solutions and Oracle PL/SQL Language is an added plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at