The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.Responsibilities
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Begins to influence departments strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Humana seeks a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to support the build-up and maintenance of Finance Analytics platform as well as the design and implementation of Finance Business Intelligence solutions. As part of the Finance Shared Services team, main responsibilities would primarily involve the following:
- Lead financial analytics visualization projects.
- Work collaboratively to optimally apply data warehouse, cloud and BI architecture, data science and visualization tools and techniques (i.e. dashboards).
- Identify and understand business and financial issues to map these issues into quantitative questions.
- Communicate insights and analytical findings to a broad range of audiences including Directors and VPs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of experience in data analysis OR Master's degree and 3 or more years of experience
- Proficient with BI Tools such as PowerBI, Qlik and/or Tableau for creating data visualizations
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts, SQL/PL-SQL and Data Modeling
- Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with big data languages such as R, Python/PySpark and/or familiarity with cloud architecture
- Experience using other tools in Power BI tool stack such as PowerFlows and PowerApps
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors