Please contact for details regarding this 100% REMOTE Data & Reporting Analyst role supporting our FinTech client. Technology Data & Reporting Analyst - PowerBI & ServiceNow
We are growing! We are currently seeking an experienced Technology Data & Reporting Analyst to join our Technology organization. This position will report to the Vice President of Technology Data Analytics and Reporting responsible for analyzing data, making observations & recommendations, and providing quality Key Performance Indicator (KPI), trending, metrics, and Management reporting to the Organization. Must be self-motivated, organized, and have great attention to detail. Ideal Candidates Have The Following Enterprise Experience PowerBI Data Visualization Experience ServiceNow ITSM/ITIL Snowflake DataWarehouse
- Partner with Technology peers to identify key metrics that will effectively measure & communicate Technology performance and drive business performance.
- Extract, filter, and aggregate data through tools, queries, and basic programming
- Ensure data is captured, models are built, metrics are computed and charts/dashboards are available real time. Present the data with various perspectives / slices / categorization.
- Develop visualization of analysis in formats such as tables, charts, graphs, heat maps and other report types
- Utilize business intelligence and data visualization tooling to create reports and presentations for key stakeholders. These reports must be engaging, clear, concise and convincing, having been tailored in such a manner that will suit and appeal to the audience at hand.
- Identify correlations, patterns, and trends
- Organize and transform data into comprehensible structures
- Perform statistical analysis
- Solve challenging analytical problems.
- Define requirements for other development & technology teams to fulfill (such as capturing additional data in logs / databases / warehouses) in order to make new data available for analysis & reporting.
- Identify questions to be answered and define appropriate analytics models. Prepare relevant data sources for analysis.
- Decompose high level business needs into functional needs by understanding the problem and determining data needs
- Communicate results to managers and provide suggestions based on findings
- Set high standards for self and others. Drive for measurable results.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, even during challenging times.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with leaders and staff members from other teams inside and outside of Technology.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any of Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of work experience with data analytics or data science
- Must be skilled in the use of SQL, able to write queries.
- Must be proficient in the workings of data technologies.
- Extensive experience working with business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Industry experience solving business problems through application of innovative data and analytics approaches and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with data structures, big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools and optimization techniques.
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise, engaging and polished presentations & reports to all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office products and Office365 tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PowerBI)
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) Application
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while demonstrating strong teamwork
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time and priorities under pressure and meet deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong problem solver
- Creative thought leader
- Analytical mindset and ability to grasp complex topics
- Effective facilitator
- Basic understanding of applications and infrastructure technologies
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer and team member relationships
- Ability to lead and influence change
- 1+ years of work experience within the Financial Services sector
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes / ITIL v3 or v4 Foundations Certification
- Working knowledge of Snowflake or similar data warehouse architecture
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at