TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or a related field) and 5+ years of working experience in programming development OR 5+ years of working experience in programming development
• Working experience in one or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Python, R, Java, Ab Initio programming language
• Working experience of Unix/Linux command/shell script
• Good understanding of business requirements and how to translate them into a program
• Unit testing experience
• File Change control concepts and experience
• Must have a good understanding of the SDLC and implementation
• Requires good skills in research and analysis
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-tasking and managing competing priorities while meeting assigned deadlines.
• Enjoys working in a team setting and fostering collaborationImpact You'll Make:
- Analysis: Analyze/create business requirements and translate into low level design and/or custom program.
- Coding: Develop model solutions in mixture of languages (primarily C or C++) R, Python and Abinitio to run in Transunion batch and online environment meeting while meeting customer deadlines. Learns internal systems and uses available tools to support code development. Understands the process behind code walkthroughs and challenges peers when necessary.
- Testing: Performs unit testing on developed code and volume testing. Executes functional test cases received from Quality Assurance team. Understands and can perform Quality Assurance tasks as needed. Creates necessary materials for turnover to Quality Assurance team. Assist with the analysis of test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical and customer requirements.
- Code Deployments: Performs model code verification and deployments into target production applications while communicating status to internal stakeholders.
- Technical Support: Performs ad-hoc research and model debugging with assistance of senior team members and/or leadership to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management. Develops and maintains program and user documentation. Collaborates within own team and cross functionally on model program solutions.
- Innovation: Identifies and implements quality and process improvements. Be able to take on challenges to implement new ideas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Champions change across business operations.
- Understands how strategic goal measurements impact department level goals: identifies initiatives to accomplish department goals.
- Independently and proactively assists team and peers. Holds team and peers accountable and provides input on performance review when requested.
- Monitors and influences resources and provides direction for others.
- Act as the main point of contact for customers as well as be the face of TransUnion at client audits, strategy meetings with sales and/or clients, and be a client advocate internally while still keeping the best interests of TransUnion in mind.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Creates complex model designs and solutions, and contributes to new product development, strategies, and best practices.
- Understands system behavior and technical tools for constructing and designing complex models.
- Hold self and others accountable.
- Escalates issues appropriately.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Software Development