Senior Manager, Data Science - Pricing Analytics - REMOTECome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. SBD believes that advanced analytics using massive data, while already important to our business, will increasingly become fundamental - even transformational - to the value we deliver to our customers and shareholders. SBD is seeking a Senior Manager of Pricing Analytics to build and lead our next-generation Data Science / Data Analytics capability, supporting enterprise-wide application of analytics and data science to drive business value.
Working closely with SBD's Director of Data Science with intricate collaborations with Pricing CoE and Revenue Growth Management teams, leaders in business units(BU) and working with peers in advanced analytics, analytics software development and business / process execution, you will be responsible for:What You'll Do
As aSenior Manager, Data Science- Pricing Analytics, you'll be part of our Data & Analytics team located remotely.You'll get to:
- Build/Lead a world-class team of data scientists while delivering on business problems of strategic importance.
- Builddata science and advanced analytics solutions and maintaining next-generation insights as a strategic competency for SBD across BUs and problem statements.
- Build a strong technical team: Develop and execute short and long-term talent acquisition and growth plan for SBD's Data & Analytics organization
Who You Are
- Support business impact by deploying advanced analytics to improve and transform core processes, across all of Stanley Black and Decker's businesses and functions
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Demonstrated experience with using analytics to support pricing strategies and providing leadership.
- Working knowledge of strategic pricing (i.e., elasticity, response curves) and yield management (i.e., profit maximization models, forecasting techniques) including tool development.
- Experience in segmentation, price optimization and guidance in B2B and B2C space.
- Experience building financial and pricing models is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with business partners as well as senior leadership.
- Significant relevant experience building analytic solutions in industries including consumer durable goods, B2B equipment and B2B services.
- Deep understanding of business functions and common data sources / models e.g., Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Operations including supply chain, sourcing and logistics.
- Hands on technical expertise, including experience in the following:
- Big Data Platforms: Deep experience in Hadoop and relational environments.
- Distributed computing:Expertise in the use of Hadoop framework and key components including HFDS, MapReduce, Spark, Cassandra, Hive, Pig
- Production ETL and Pipeline expertise: Experience in working with MLOps and Engineering teams to design, build and maintain ETL and data pipelines to support broad range of analytics and business needs
- Understanding of analytics methods/tools: Conversant/fluent in analytics topics including statistical modeling, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, Deep Learning and AI, design of experiments, text mining and natural language processing, network analysis, geo-spatial analytics optimization, simulation
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams of data scientists, data engineers, analytics professionals and developers while interfacing with business stakeholders to ensure value delivery
- Strong record of professional accomplishment and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to build successful teams by hiring the right people and enabling/leading them to achieve high-performance results
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How you'll feel:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!#LI-AH1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.