About The Opportunity
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process! Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you! More About the Role
GrubHub is looking for a Staff Engineer to join our ML Platform team. You will work with our small team of talented ML Platform engineers to empower data science teams throughout the organization by building out ML pipeline services and infrastructure. In this role you will partner closely with the infrastructure and platform engineering teams as well as data science teams working on a wide variety of modeling solutions including NLP classification, time series forecasting, and personalization/ recommendation. The goals of the ML Platform team are to reduce the time and effort needed for model development, deployment, and maintenance, lower the barrier to entry for model deployment, and to minimize ML technical debt. The Impact You Will Make
What You Bring to the Table
- Take ownership of automating ML pipeline components, including model observability and feature store services from inception to deliverable
- Lead design and implementation of complex production systems with a focus on runtime service integration and online prediction
- Collaborate with data platform and infrastructure teams to work on complex ML pipelines and governance problems for ML systems
- Lead roadmap and architectural planning efforts for the future of ML platforms and represent ML infrastructure to engineering and data science leads across the company
- Provide technical mentorship, guidance and quality-focused code review to ML platform engineers
And Of Course, Perks!
- 6+ years of software engineering experience focusing on tools for machine learning infrastructure, including expert proficiency with both Python as well as Java (or other JVM languages)
- Detailed experience with production-facing web service delivery and related engineering concerns such as containerization, monitoring and observability, logging, and continuous integration
- Expertise in all aspects of ML and data pipelines, including data storage and retrieval, feature stores, experiment tracking and infrastructure patterns and tools
- Strong communication skills: you will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and will need to make use of experience creating cross-team agreement on engineering solutions and architecture decisions
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with specific ML-focused platform tools such as Databricks MLflow, AWS services such as EMR and Sagemaker, or vendor tools such as H2O and Tensorflow/ TF Serve. Additionally, familiarity with modern distributed data pipeline tools such as Spark, Kafka
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.