Job Number: 464
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to continuously improve infrastructure using the latest technology and best implementation strategies. This position is focused on analyzing problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission-critical network, while combining technical experience & communication skills to turn metrics into information while effectively explaining their meaning. This position works without direct supervision and mentors junior team members.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Install and set-up Linux systems & servers for organization-wide deployments
• Maintain, administer, and troubleshoot digital system environments, including Linux and Windows
• Analyze and resolve problems associated with operating system servers and applications
• Monitor systems performance and ensure compliance with security standards
• Provide technical support and advice to other engineering groups
• Guide and direct junior team members on setup and performance
• Master's degree and 9+ years of experience in Systems Administration, OR Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in Systems Administration, OR HS diploma/GED and 19+ years of experience in Systems Administration
• TS/SCI clearance, with ability to complete CI polygraph
• 9+ years of experience in virtual environments and agency unique software
• Experience with Operating System (OS)-level scripting and system logs, tools, and monitoring functions
• Experience with maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting digital system environments, including Linux and Windows
• Knowledge of File Storage, including NFS/CIFS, Samba, DASD Fiber/SAS, 3PAR, and DDN
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS-level commands
• Knowledge of networking protocols and architectures
• Knowledge of configuration management and monitoring tools
• Knowledge of CentOS 7, Ansible, and VMWare
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: