What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology. We partner across TransUnion to develop and set our solution strategy and prioritization, while ensuring our solutions deliver clear value that meet and exceed our Customer's needs. Along with our partners, we are accountable for our solutions' performance and value, and ensure we remain within appropriate legal and regulatory boundaries, always keeping the end-Consumer's needs in mind.
The person in this role is responsible for overall solution capabilities, roadmap, strategy and planning that serves all relevant industry verticals for TransUnion. Focus of this role will be specifically on the comprehensive, enterprise initiative to bring analytic and data modeling solutions to our internal customers.
This Product Manager position will lead, plan and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace, working closely with Product Development, Data Scientists, cross-functional support, and other Operational teams.What You'll Bring:What you'll bring:
We'd love to see:
- Strong product management discipline with demonstrated success leading cross-functional product teams in a product development environment
- Deep professional expertise in one or more subject-matter areas or technical discipline (e.g. business intelligence, data modeling) that would complement and significantly enhance TransUnion's existing data science capabilities
- Strong collaborator with a problem-solving, design-thinking, customer-centric mindset; highly curious
- Compelling and effective communication, cross functionally and at all levels, internal and external
- Exudes accountability and ownership and is passionate, curious, and knowledgeable about the problem the products solve
- Experience systematically analyzing problems, drawing relevant conclusions, and devising appropriate courses of action
- Works with product development teams writing comprehensive product epics and defining solution intent and high-level capabilities
- A rich understanding of Agile methodologies and principles and the ability to drive PI Objectives and Release content via prioritized Features and Enablers as well ownership of Feature acceptance criteria
- Ownership of the scope of authority for setting PI priorities and the autonomy to say "no" in multiple directions: Stakeholders, Managers and Product Owners
- Engage with an array internal global peers including Data Consumers, Analysts, Data Scientists and R&D partners to ensure cohesive offerings
- Technical aptitude and critical abilities to speak to product capabilities based on the current technology
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business, or a related field
Impact You'll Make:
- Professional experience with products focused on data science, analytics or big data within financial services or related industries (e.g. fraud, identity)
- 5+ years of product management or product owner experience in an Agile Scrum environment
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation. Impact you'll make
- Expectations in the first 90 days - You will research and learn our current solutions, products, and become familiar with the product development roadmap and related initiatives. As a part of the Analytics & Fulfillment Product Development organization, you will help develop robust, compelling, and integrated data, analytic, and technology solutions that can be leveraged across vertical value chains and integrate easily into customer workflows.
- What you'll accomplish beyond 90 days - You will collaborate with solution architects, product managers (Solutions), Business Analysts and Product Owners to translate business requirements into epics and features and the development and operational teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product.
- Business Impact - You will inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency. You will regularly provide transparency and ensure alignment with stakeholders. As a Product Manager, you will act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Relentless Improvement - Leveraging iterative development cycles, you will partner with both product and development partners to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in areas including but not limited to process, communication and quality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Advisor, Product Management