Senior Data Engineer, Manufacturing (PERM)
Location: Cambridge, MA (Onsite 100%)
Salary: $110 - 120K
The Senior Data Engineer, Manufacturing will support data processing, analysis, and visualization needs for the Manufacturing team. The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will be to be a leading member of the team that develops and supports data infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who has a wide range of data skills and who possesses the drive to continually build and improve all aspects of our system.
• Support the data needs for the team.
• Develop and improve data visualization tools that can support large amounts of data.
• Source and deploy manufacturing-scale data visualization tools for multiple partner manufacturing facilities.
• Maintain, improve, and scale team databases.
• Work closely with multiple teams to ensure proper management of all aspects of data organization (storage, processing, visualization).
• Profile and understand the numerous data sources available, ranging from manually entered values to automated advanced manufacturing equipment.
• Interface directly with a wide variety of engineers, scientists and technicians who will be both consumers and contributors to this data repository.
• Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Data Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field with strong data and programming experience.
• 5-10 years of applicable industry work experience.
• Experience with data visualization tools.
• Experience with at least one database language, preferably Microsoft SQL.
• Experience creating and implementing web applications for data visualization.
• Experience with manufacturing-scale data visualization tools such as InfinityQS.
• Experience with Tableau or other BI visualization tools.
• Experience managing and optimizing large data warehouses.
* Experience with database design and administration in Microsoft SQL Server