Mobile (iOS) Engineer
Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker's newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers' needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA.
Stanley X is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. We are looking for a bright Mobile (iOS) Engineer to define and own the foundation of the platform and design the architecture to scale it globally.
Today's world of construction accounts for over 10% of the world's GDP, and it's no secret that worker productivity and building complexity are the biggest challenges. As a result, the industry is at an inflection point for disruption. Last year alone, nearly $2B in venture capital were invested across 2,000+ companies in construction technology. Stanley Black & Decker is partnering with contractors and startups to develop new digital products that will increase productivity and on time/on budget performance of construction projects.
As part of the product's founding technical team, you will play an integral role in helping the company shape the future of the construction industry.About You
You are a Mobile engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high performing teams mandated to deliver digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you've built modern day service oriented platforms, scalable backends in cloud and/or on-premise environments. You have been part of a journey of highly ambiguous start up environment from ground zero to a production deployed platform. As an ideal candidate you -
Your Professional Experience
- Are a Quick learner, self-initiator, doer and results oriented
- Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility and accountability
- Feel passionate about the quality and on time delivery of your deliverables
- Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
- Know how to quickly show results while keeping an eye on the bigger vision
- Own the failures with the team and keep your motivation high
As a founding key technical team member for the SaaS/DaaS platform, you have hands on experience in developing native mobile applications along with some hands-on experience in reactive UI/UX web frameworks development and resilient, high response backend services. As a diverse engineer you feel comfortable across the breadth of tech stacks and opportunities. As an ideal candidate you would have following key qualifications -
Nice to have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in developing Service Oriented E2E native Mobile applications and/or SDKs
- Hands on experience in developing Native iOS enterprise grade SDKs and/or applications
- Experience in architecting mobile applications/SDKs/White labelling etc. from zero to production
- In depth understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Distributed systems
- Deep understanding of latest mobile technologies, service containerization, Authentication Systems and Protocols;
- Some Exposure in developing service based backend platforms using Relational Databases, No-SQL and microservices in cloud hosted environment
- Hands on experience in leveraging Reality Kit, AR/VR development kits or Unity
- Good understanding of System design patterns and experience navigating tradeoffs b/w cost, scale, speed, and agility
- Experience in using version control tools, task estimation and owning end to end deliverables
- Excellent team player, strong communicator, analytical and critical thinker
Things you will do
- Experience in developing cross platform apps fueled with Data as a Service platforms is a plus
We are a small and nimble team, so you'll likely get to experience and participate on many projects in various technical capacities. However, you should broadly expect the following set of responsibilities:
Why work with usSolve massive problems for customers
- Actively contribute towards development of our Construction & Digital Manufacturing Technology mobile application(s)/SDK(s) to help it scale globally; Help revolutionize multiple industries leveraging cutting edge technological advancements
- Leading from front in architecting Native iOS/Android application/SDKs for our platforms/consumers
- Enable & contribute towards developing consumer agnostic, fault tolerant, scalable, highly available, data driven service-oriented backend(s) & SDKs
- Actively contribute towards evaluation and adoption of appropriate technology, frameworks
- Write unit tests to ensure quality of our systems
- Keeping our vision & team unblocked by developing quick PoCs from a simple iOS application to an AR/VR, Unity enabled approach. You are a go get it person for anything mobile.
- Participate in technical design discussions and efforts estimation
- Establish deep technical understanding about our technology partners and customers
- Ensure success of your pod by contributing to team's deliverables with quality and timely manner
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly into the CEO and operate autonomously within the company. In this role you will work closely with Product, Engineering & Innovation Strategy teams. Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You'll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems. Other PerksCompensation
Competitive compensation package (base, bonus, 401K contributions) compared to F500 companies in the Bay AreaLocation
Modern office space located in downtown Sunnyvale, directly across from the CalTrain. Complete with amenities including a full-access gym, stocked kitchen, and table games.Pick your own equipment
Select between top of the line PC or Mac products plus any software you need. About Stanley Black & Decker
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done-and we have since 1843.
We join forces to bring together the best of the best to create practical, meaningful products and services that make life easier-empowering people to do better, safer, more significant work. We define success as: delivering value to our customers, colleagues and communities. Our commitment to quality, safety andsustainabilityhelps us on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while helping to make the world better.