The primary responsibility of the Developer - Business Intelligence is to formulate, define, develop and maintain innovative business intelligence solutions to meet the needs of the business.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Resort's policies, practices, and procedures.
#diceEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:Additional Duties & Responsibilities: Company Standards of Conduct
- Responsible for developing, validating and communicating TM1 solutions
- Interpret and satisfy business needs by implementing TM1 solutions using TM1 Rules, TI Processes, and efficient architecture and design in TM1 cube development
- Strong capabilities in TM1 competencies including: rules/feeders, TI processes, subset automation, dimension and cube structure, active and web forms, Perspective reports, and Architect
- Works with ETL developers, source systems analysts and DBAs in understanding database schemas and in building and performance turning of TM1 and/or BI solutions.
- Work closely with the BI Operations team in developing sound Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions.
- Trains and mentors peers as well as end users on creating innovative reporting and analytic solutions
- Works on large complex projects, which cross over multiple business functions. Meets with appropriate technical staff, end users, and senior management.
- Enthusiastic about reporting, analysis, data warehousing, business intelligence, and reporting solution technologies.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work in a team environment under tight deadlines
- Must be able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Participates in the On-Call rotation as required.
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call availability on a rotational basis is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
All The Venetian Resort Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company's standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.Additional Duties & Responsibilities:Minimum Qualifications:
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Nevada Gaming Control Board registration and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- 5+ years of experience in IT, finance, or business intelligence department with an emphasis on reporting, analytics, and software development.
- A thorough understanding of both the capabilities of Business Intelligence related tools and current technology is essential.
- Strong hands-on proficiency in design and development using tools such as Cognos TM1, Cognos BI, MSFT SSRS, or other equivalent.
- This role requires strong communication, project definition/execution and work management skills.
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel .
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke