The Scrum Master plays a key role in helping accelerate and develop well-functioning Agile teams by facilitating daily Scrums, backlog refinement, identification of risks and ensuring teams are communicating with each other and enabled to own their commitments. Successful Scrum Masters demonstrate the ability to help the teams develop clear objectives, communicate and clear barriers and focus on delivering customer value. In this Agile Delivery position, your role as a Scrum Master, coach, and practitioner will require you to apply Agile values and principles to ensure Scrum best practices are followed.
- Guide and coach the teams on Scrum and Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
- Represent team in Scrum-of-Scrums and Release and milestone planning to ensure all teams are aligned
- Coach the team to improve in velocity and Sprint success and strive for continuous improvement
- Establish strong working relationships with partner teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and deliverables
- Report up status and risks – create and measure teams according to metrics established by the team
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
- Identify resources constraints or needs – when additional resources are needed to remove impediments and distractions from the team
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies – help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with teams by implementing takeaways from retrospectives and implementing concrete solutions to make the teams more efficient and improve delivery success.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop.
- Creates and maintains physiological safety and team trust
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with global teams with an ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executives
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions or manage risk
- Demonstrates servant leadership and an agile mindset
- High Energy and skilled in team building
- Knowledge and experience of using modern agile management tools such as AzureDevOps and Confluence highly desired
- Experience with CI/CD deployment of cloud solutions a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex software project and solutions on time and on budget
- Experience working cross-functionality and cross-organizationally to align dependencies and deliverables.
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program; provide inspiration
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership
- Ability to organize and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals
- BSEE, BSCS or other Engineering Technology collegiate degree; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years’ industry experience
- 2+ years facilitating and delivering projects at technology-based companies or technical domains
- 2+ years of Scrum & Agile related experience desired
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile certification desired
- Experience managing a geo-dispersed project team
- Experience working in larger scale Agile environments such as SAFe a strong plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.