As our Senior Network Engineer at NFM, you be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house network systems that support core organizational functions. Overseeing the installation, configuration, and maintenance of networked systems (e.g., voice, data, wireless, firewalls, etc.).
Applicants for this position may work remotely from their home. However, they must live in one of the states where NFM operates, including IA, NE, MO, KS, and TX.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architect on network optimization.
- Configure complex switching environments utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless Access Points, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Collaborate with IT architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Create and implementing network security measures, conduct regular network
- Lead by positive example and support the vision of our executive teams and senior leadership, including IT supervisors and IT architects.
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, related field, or equivalent experience
- 6 + years’ hands on experience in network or systems administration or engineering preferred
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) knowledge level or equivalent required, advanced networking certifications strongly desired
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support and Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco, JUNOS, and IOS
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocol
- Familiarity with network analysis tools including SolarWinds
- Proficiency with coding languages including Python and Perl
- Can independently install, configure, and maintain all manners of network hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, WWW, DNS, SMTP, FTP, Network, and Security Protocols, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Window Servers, AIX, UNIX, or Linux a plus
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check