SQL Server DBA / SQL DBA
Job type: Contract
Duration: 12 months.
Key words: SQL DBA, DBA, MSSQL, SSRS, SSMS, RedGate, Azure, Cloud, Performance Tuning.
The Senior Database Administrator supports and maintains the databases that run the day-to-day operations, primarily utilizing MSSQL, SSRS, SSMS, and RedGate tools. The DBA is a team player, eager to learn, passionate about databases, and interested in technology in general. They are proactive in suggesting new optimizations, and consistently improve existing functionality by working closely with their peers and other Renovo team members. Continual communication and improvement of our processes and product while architecting a robust and maintainable database is expected.
Must have some cloud Experience.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and break-down complex problems
- Turn user feedback into actionable tasks
- Balance effort of researching solutions versus knowing when to ask for help
- Choose appropriate tasks to work on relative to our current workload
- Understand and implement best-practices balanced with our team standards
- Clearly communicate ideas, thoughts and suggestions to manager and peers
- Participate, review and offer constructive criticism to peers’ changes and code
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Optimizing the performance of our SQL database, SP’s, and queries coming from outside sources, such as our primary web application.
- Managing locking, process blocking and performance tuning of our databases
- Creating and maintaining a high availability and disaster-recovery-friendly architecture
- Managing, optimizing, testing and verifying the backup and restoration processes
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and metrics tooling and dashboards, to give both high-level and granular insight into database performance and operation
- Managing our infrastructure in a preventative manner, considering and avoiding potential future issues, mitigating damage from future incidents
- Handling support tickets when necessary, backing up your peers
- Develops and deploys new database objects and changes to existing database objects including tables, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
- Designs, develops and maintains a multitude of complex relational database reports using SSRS
- Advanced understanding of relational database architecture/infrastructure, specifically MSSQL
- Knowledge of SSMS, SSRS, support tooling
- Knowledge of T-SQL, Stored Procedures, and day-to-day DB functions
- Advanced knowledge of how to optimize MSSQL, support HA/DR, etc.
- Strong knowledge of systems and software development lifecycles; application integration techniques; and relational database design
- Experience with Always On High Availability Groups a plus.