Teamsoft is looking for a Systems Admin/ Desktop Support in the Central, Texas Area.
The System / Desktop Administrator will maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The ideal candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, working directly with vendors as needed. The primary goal will be to ensure that the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Network, Security, and VOIP technologies are already implemented but will need maintenance and operational support. The IT team size is small, so the ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining the entire infrastructure.
The System Administrator will:
- Acquire, Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools (We primarily run Dell Switches/Routers)
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Provide on-call and weekend support when needed
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Update technical documentation
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- With a bachelor’s degree, must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in system administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Experience with Microsoft platforms including operating systems and Office 365
- Experience with VOIP phone systems
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems, virus protection), data backup/recovery and firewall configuration
- Ability to create scripts in PowerShell or other languages
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- We are rated the top vendor at Madison's 2 largest clients
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.