Position: Delivery Engineer Location: 2231 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, 85017 Why should you join WWT?
"Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue in 2020. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form a high-performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for Delivery Engineers. Position Overview:
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for a Delivery Engineer. Delivery Engineers are responsible for spreading the knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services successfully.
You are responsible for ensuring that the cross-functional software development team and client understand the operational requirements and take shared responsibility for the entire software lifecycle. This includes hands-on involvement in building CI/CD pipelines along with automated provisioning of infrastructure. In addition to technical skills, you will also be relied on to coach teams and clients through their Agile/DevOps journey. Responsibilities:
The Delivery Engineer is an embedded role that provides infrastructure expertise on a cross-functional software development team to improve throughput and stability through the following responsibilities:
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- Maintain existing and future software services code and configuration
- Make recommendations for improvements to the existing architecture
- Help implement new technologies in development for future deployment
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfers, and mentorship to peers as required
- Help implement and improve development CI/CD software pipeline
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- 3+ years of experience in configuring and managing infrastructure
- Proficiency in building and managing Linux and/or Windows Systems
- Experience working with server virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and cloud environments
- Experience with CI/CD principles, practices, and tools
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (IP, TCP, UDP, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Infrastructure automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to context-switch between multiple projects, codebases, and concepts with ease
- Ability and desire to bridge silos and bring different teams together while working towards a common goal
- Minimal travel required
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- General understanding of DevOps principles and Agile Development processes
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with clients
- High attention to detail and ability to solve complex challenges
- Experience with deployment automation and orchestration
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
"Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT! Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled" WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape the views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.