Job Title: Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer
Location: North Chicago, IL 60085
Duration: 12 Months
Note: This is an initial Remote and will be moved onsite once desk space is confirmed
The Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting information technology disaster recovery readiness efforts. This includes working with system owners, our vendors, and our infrastructure teams to ensure critical systems have solutions in place. The Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer will be responsible for Fusion Framework system administration and configuration activities. The ideal Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer is a technical SME who is adept at communications and planning. In this role, the employee provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance for disaster recovery of information systems for a business area.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create Application/System BIA documents in accordance with applicable policy, process, and procedure as per project request
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other Business Technology Organizations (BTOs) to ensure successful implementation and support of disaster recovery project efforts
- Educates system owners regarding disaster recovery planning, options and their roles/responsibilities as it relates to application criticality and disaster recovery
- Creation of project plans, documents, and presentations regarding resiliency planning and disaster recovery
- Designs process, procedure, documentation, and continuous methods for improvement
- Support all aspects of disaster recovery readiness for business-critical applications including: Proof of concept testing for new provisioning or following fixes to system strategies and Support and assist in enterprise disaster recovery exercises
- Consulted on issue management and resolution activities
- Support and/or managing Information technology disaster recovery efforts in the event of a site outage
- Creates concise, accurate, and timely reports, identifying gaps/concerns to manage process improvements
- Provides off-hours support as required for recovery exercises and invocation, if needed
- At least 5 years of information technology experience working within an enterprise
- In-depth experience with system administration or configuration management using Fusion Framework (SaaS solution) or Salesforce.com technologies
- Highly effective at verbal and non-verbal communication
- Familiarity with networks and enterprise technologies; including servers, backups, virtualization, SAN, firewalls, VPN, and load balancers
- Adept at project organization and management
- Effective at managing multiple projects, efforts, and priorities concurrently
- Minimum 5 years of experience in disaster recovery or information technology
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problems
- ServiceNow experience desired
- Certified Business Continuity Planner designation desired but not required
If interested please call me (Adnan) at 6789189733/6788884942
Softpath is a preferred staffing vendor to fortune 500 companies in the US headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.