Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Web Developer to generate quick turnaround solutions for analysts, filling a gap between the work done by data scientists (e.g., Python scripts) and the work performed by software engineers on enterprise development teams. This position is located in Mclean, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Web Developer will identify, modify, and host open source software for exploitation on the network, creating simple web-based tools on existing enterprise platforms, and mocking up potential solutions through wireframes and clickable prototypes. They will conduct outreach within the organization and engage with customers to document requirements and collect feedback.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with developing websites, or other interfaces using tools (such as WordPress, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence).
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (such as WordPress, Joomla!, Magneto or osCommerce).
- Demonstrated experience using visual aids (such as wireframes, storyboards and UI flow charts).
- Demonstrated experience creating applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
- Demonstrated experience gathering project ideas using customer outreach activities.
- Demonstrated experience conducting usability testing to identify UI issues and gather target user input.
- Demonstrated experience implementing web accessibility standards/best practices.
- Demonstrated familiarity with application programming languages (e.g., Ruby, PHP, XHTML).
- Demonstrated familiarity with computer languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile environment and consulting in a multi-project environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and offering suggestions for concept development, metrics and deployment decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with problem resolution to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems. This includes the ability to plan projects, meet objectives, develop contingencies, and produce schedules.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in dynamic team environment with technical and non-technical officers.