Company Description PureIntegration
is seeking an Information Technology Scrum Master IV - IT Infrastructure
who will be responsible for coaching team members in agile best practices, self-organization, and cross-functionality. Helping team focus on creating high-value increments that meet the Definition of Done. Helping remove impediments to team's progress and ensuring all Scrum events occur and are engaging and productive (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Sprint Review). Working with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams, as well as assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.Core Responsibilities working in IT environment:
- Facilitates and supports all scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Refinement, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Guide the scrum team on how to use SAFe/Scrum Agile practices and principles.
- Work effectively in a dynamic fast-paced development environment where it's important to be responsive and agile to shifting priorities.
- Interface with multiple business units, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Remove or guide the team to resolve impediments, suggest workflow improvements and follow up on team's action items.
- Motivate and keep the team engaged focusing on people and continuous improvement. Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
- Develop & document SMOP/Release manifest from multiple teams to manage biweekly Voice releases.
- Work with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to achieve program goals.
- Track & monitor sprint and PI plan to ensure team's overall success. Report team metrics to the leadership team.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership: In an Information Technology environment - Exhibit the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Help the team embrace Lean-Agile Values, adopt and apply Lean-Agile Principles, and implement Lean-Agile practices.
- Support the team rules: Reinforce the lightweight Agile Team rules including rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices.
- Process Improvement: Improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and iteration Goals. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective. Teach problem-solving techniques. Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
Personality & Characteristics: Ability to mature the team - lead from behind, help the team grow in their Agile journey (Coach and Servant Leader)Protector of the team, approachable, and liaison to other teamsUnblock issues for the teamAbility to drive team to outcomesEnable and drive Agility in team - the way they think and execute Location:
- Facilitate meetings: Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective. Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and pass information from that meeting back to the team.
- Promote SAFe quality practices: Help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams. Provide guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables.
Reston, VA Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field-or equivalent work experience
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Agile methodologies. Knowledge of tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques is desired.
- Scrum Master certification - Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Scrum Master (PMI-ACP) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is desired.
- Solid understanding and work experience in agile frameworks like Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) & Scrum.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with 6 years exclusively as an Agile Scrum Master of an Agile delivery team.
- Additional experience in one or more aspects of Information Technology (Software design/ development, Quality engineering, IT Architecture or other related IT areas) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating scrum ceremonies and an understanding of facilitation techniques.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy, problem-solving skills and ability to identify quick solutions.
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools like Rally/Jira.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration
would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here! pureIntegration,
a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries - communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
In over 16 years of Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases. Most importantly, we have done it while maintaining 97% client satisfaction for the past 15 years. With a rich heritage in Communications, Media and Entertainment, our diverse and expanding portfolio includes Fortune 500 enterprises spanning Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance, CPG, Healthcare, Logistics and other select verticals. pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.