Mythics is seeking a DevOps engineer to develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have implemented solutions that support business functionality, as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. Must have working knowledge and experience in the CI/CD realm. The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
This position requires on-call rotation. Must work onsite in Ashburn, VA.
- Must be a US Citizenship to obtain a CBP clearance; Full BI required prior to start
- At least 5 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 2 years of experience working with containers and container environments such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular git and SVN
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Understanding of typical three tier enterprise application architectures
- Practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Must be comfortable working in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production Cloud/DevOps environment
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, and Nexus
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter)
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
Experience with the following a plus:
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar scripting techniques
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Programming experience with Groovy a plus
- Linux scripting experience a plus
- Experience with ticket management tools such as Jira, Remedy, or ServiceNow
- Experience with artifact management tools sucj as Nexus or Artifactory
- Experience w/ static code inspection and analysis tools such as SonarQube
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect – Empathy – Excellence – Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
- Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
- Our GREEN approach – tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It’s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.