*No third parties, please
The Software Developer, as a member of the IT department, interacts with varied personnel throughout the college to determine needs and establish relevant methodologies to enhance institutional productivity through the use of digital support systems. S/he must be able to develop, test, and implement substantial changes to externally developed products, as well as a series of complex internally developed systems.
- Design, test and implement integration tools to insure data validity and reliability across multiple hardware and software platforms used by the College.
- Design, test, code and implement multiple web-based intranet/internet applications to address departmental requirements.
- Creates detailed plans and schedules to insure the timely completion of longer term, multifaceted or complex projects.
- Utilizes in-depth development, technical and design expertise in .NET, C#, SQL-Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Be able to work on projects as a member of a team of other software developers/programmers.
- Troubleshoots production issues
- Train end users on new processes/application
- Support and maintain applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering.
- At least (4) years of professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of software solutions.
- Experience in .Net framework software development using C#/ Vb.net Net Web Forms and MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Database Development using SQL Server and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Leverage Business Intelligence solutions with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Develop and maintain reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently
OTHER SKILLS (NICE TO HAVE):
- Modern JS Frameworks such as React or Angular
- Designing and consuming REST APIs
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Software Development: 4 years