Monroe College has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Systems Engineer who will assist in supporting and maintaining the network infrastructure environment. Under the direction of the Infrastructure Director they will, handle the day to day support and maintenance of Cisco phones, voicemail, APC UPSs, End user Switches and IBM servers, as well as identify resolutions for Windows OS Server software, other related software, and all associated hardware products. This Systems Engineer will communicate to all departmental areas changes to software, hardware and procedures. They must also be able to interact well with other members of the entire department in discussions, meetings and project plans.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test systems performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments (Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014)
- Experience with Cisco CUCM phone setup and Cisco CUCN Voice Mail setup)
- Experience configuring Cisco end user switches
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Argent)
- Scripting skills
- Knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking)
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in support related environment