The Database Administrator III is a member of the Ohio University ERP and Database Administration team. This is a position which manages, maintains and supports all production and non-production databases managed at the OHIO University data center. Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers, and analyzing departmental applications, programming, and operations. Evaluates existing systems and designs proposed systems. Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications. Installs revised or new systems, which includes proposing specifications, recommending optimum access techniques, and coordinating installation requirements. Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new releases, and completing maintenance operations. Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards. Works on multiple projects in multiple roles, including as project leader, project advisor, and project team member. Works under limited supervision. Has latitude for independent decision making.
The Database Administrator II is a member of the Ohio University ERP and Database Administration team. This is a position which administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of production and non-production databases. This includes implementation of data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance code, and resolving database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. Has minimal latitude for independent decision making.
• BS in computer related field and/or qualifying work experience in DBA field.
• 2 to 4 years combined working experience in Oracle or MSSQL database administration as a production DBA.
• 2 to 4 years of systems and database administration experience supporting production servers in a data center.
• Working knowledge of database backups and restores (both system level and database), replication methods, high availability, and troubleshooting production issues.
• Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting the Oracle home and/or MSSQL instances.
• Working experience with database security, roles and auditing user accounts.
• Performance tuning in an operational and/or a production environment; OS, database and SQL Scripts.
• Experience in shell scripting.
• Works well as part of a team with both customers and co-workers.
• Working experience in both Oracle and MSSQL database administration as a production DBA.
• 2 to 3+ years of Oracle database administration as production DBA.
• 2 to 3+ years of MSSQL database administration as production DBA.
• Strong knowledge regarding database backups and restores (both system level and database), replication methods, high availability, and troubleshooting production issues.
• Experience in working on and leading large scale enterprise projects.
• Experience in working on enterprise projects.
• Linux/Unix Operating System experience.
• Experience working in a higher education environment.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org