Senior Manager, Technology Service Desk
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
Level 1 - Medical/Rx, Vision, Dental, Ortho; Winter Break Closure; Holidays Paid; Basic/Supp/Dep Life; Educ. Benefits; Sick Leave; Vacation; Retirement
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking an experienced, service-driven management professional to lead our IT Service Desk. The Senior Manager of the IT Service Desk oversees customer facing IT service and support activities including the contact center (tier 1), application support (tier 2), and testing services. If you are committed to providing outstanding service, are an accomplished leader and mentor of people, and enjoy working with technology, please consider applying.
This position is responsible for leading a team of approximately 25 full time staff and three managers that supervise daily operations for IT service desk functions, and is ultimately accountable for the quality and performance of all IT service desk activities. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, operations management, and service design, transformation, and delivery within the functional areas of the service desk. The position requires a high degree of leadership courage and management competency, an ability to influence and lead change at a department or organizational level, and a strong focus on creating a culture and practice of exceptional customer service.
This position supports the Office of Information Technology (OIT) in delivering customer-oriented enterprise class IT services that are robust and secure while advancing Ohio University’s commitment to be the nation’s best transformative learning community. OIT is a service-driven, values-oriented technology organization that is dedicated to delivering high quality technology services to the University community.
● Recruit, hire, and develop an agile, capable team. Define roles and responsibilities; Ensure staff receive the training and support they need to be successful and foster a culture of exceptional customer service
● Identify and mentor future leaders; employ successful strategies for succession planning and operational continuity.
● Develop and execute short-term and long-term strategies for IT service management that align with industry standards and best practices; Develop management practices and procedures that support and measure the capabilities, effectiveness, and efficiency of IT service support activities; Proactively adjust resources as needed to meet established service levels.
● Demonstrate the value provided by IT service desk activities through a combination of qualitative and quantitative service performance and customer satisfaction metrics; Identify and report on key performance indicators, implement standardized processes and procedures
● Serve as a catalyst for continuous service improvement and optimize resources to deliver the best possible value; lead through change and adversity with courage and compassion.
● Coordinate resolution of complex issues that involve multiple technical resources. Facilitate customer communications during service interruptions or outages. Serve as the escalation point for customer service problems or complaints.
● Serve as an active member of the senior management team to develop management practices, guidelines, and policies that govern IT. Ensure organizational health through effective change management, communication, and leadership strategies.
● Initiate and lead medium to large projects and initiatives. Coordinate resources, prioritize and plan work, and oversee the overall success of the project.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; 6-8+ years of relevant management experience.
● Experience with employee recruitment, hiring, retention, and development; Experience developing employees in a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
● Experience managing and leading successful customer service teams.
● Experience leading organizational change from concept through successful implementation
● Proven ability to develop people in leadership and management roles.
● ITIL certification and/or applied knowledge of ITIL framework and concepts.
● Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to develop, document, execute, and improve processes; Adept at resolving conflict and delivering expected outcomes.
● Experience working in information technology or a closely related field.
• Experience with IT Service Management tools (ServiceNow, Footprints, Remedy, etc)
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org