We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Actuarial Solutions Architect will be responsible for leading multiple IT efforts focused on providing data to Athene’s Actuarial group from numerous internal and external sources. This individual MUST have a strong background in Annuities, with deep understanding of multiple facets of the annuity business (Administration, Product Development, Modeling, Valuation). An additional imperative is the ability to clearly communicate at the executive level as well as the individual contributor level..
- Architects and designs medium to large solutions to meet Actuarial needs focused on collecting, conforming and reporting data with modeling and reporting consumers in mind.
- Designs, codes and tests all sizes of application solutions using object-oriented development, with a current focus on Python
- Develops and maintains strategic roadmap to support actuarial business needs with technical solutions.
- Directs team members to keep project deliverables organized around target architecture.
- Leveraging actuarial knowledge, actively engages in creative problem solving to maximize the productivity and effectiveness of business processes, outcomes and controls.
- Mentors less experienced team members on application design, development and technical delivery.
- Produces architectural and technical design documentation.
- Relates product and actuarial concepts to internal and external administration system data.
- Works directly with business partners to set expectations and delivery scope.
- Works with Global Delivery partners to onboard onshore and offshore resources as staffing needs change..
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of Annuity or Reinsurance Industry Experience.
- 3+ years of object-oriented development experience.
- Strong understanding of Annuity product features and associated data required.
- Ability to communicate/translate seamlessly between Actuaries and Developers.
- Actuarial knowledge/experience a strong plus.
- Documented history of successfully leading implementation teams.
- Innovative thinker who is able to articulate Annuity business needs to IT teams.
- Python preferred.
- Strong data modeling and SQL experience.
- SOX control creation or execution experience a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math or Actuarial Science required.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.