The SoCal tech market is heating up during the cold season and this growing software company in Carlsbad, specializing in marketing and digital solutions for all types of clients is hiring a data engineer to join the team. This is a senior data engineering position for a strong cloud based candidate with experience using Python to build data engineering pipelines for data science teams. This company has a tech driven culture that fosters learning, growth, and provides a fun, fast paced environment for senior data engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
- SQL Server/SSIS
- Web Analytics Platforms - Google, Adobe, etc.
- Cloud Technologies - AWS (S3, Athena and Glue)
- Working with structured & unstructured data
- Working with both real time and batch processing pipelines
What You Will Be Doing
- Create high performance data warehouse and ETL solutions using SSIS, Python and Spark
- Build data flow automation to retrieve, transform and load data
- Design and develop tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints and stored procedures
- Performance tuning and optimization of ETL, SQL and database structures
- Monitor long running transactions and can optimize query executions using best practices and methodologies
- Manage data warehouse structure and file storage rules
- Maintain best practices for handling, storing and using data
- Data management functions including:
- metadata management
- query tuning
- designing data models for enterprise-wide data integration for ETL, cloud based and analytics platforms.
- Annual Salary up to: $155,000, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Medical & Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive PTO package
- Fully Remote
- Performance bonus opportunity (individual)
- Fast paced culture and environment
- Exposure to new technologies
- Opportunities for R&D in a production setting